Klik hier voor informatie voor onderzoekers in het Nederlands
The Academic General Practitioner Development Network (AHON) is part of the Department of Primary- and Long-term Care of the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG). Within AHON general practitioners and researchers work together to improve general practitioner care in our region and beyond. As of July 2022, the AHON-database comprised data of more than 460 795 patients from 73 affiliated registration practices. The database still grows every year. Electronic healthcare data are provided for up to 5 years retrospectively from when a registration practice is connected, and subsequently, the most recent data are added each quarter. Researchers can use the database for both cross sectional and longitudinal research.
The following research projects have, among others, used a dataset from the AHON database:
- Policy for managing children with chronic abdominal pain in general practice.
- Primary care management of patients with pelvic floor complaints.
- Unwanted pregnancy in general practice.
- Preventive cardiovascular medication in (vulnerable) elderly people in general practice.
- Trends in child and adolescent referral by GPs to medical specialists.
Below we have answered the most frequently asked questions for you. Do you have another question or would you like to request a dataset? Please contact [email protected].