For 2017 we would like to invite you to the 4th ‘The Utrecht Sessions’ for Congenital Heart Disease, which will take place on January 26th – 28th, 2017 at
the Wilhelmina Children’s Hospital/UMC Utrecht in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
At this year’s Symposium we would like to provide an overview of the current standards and discuss possible future developments – both surgical and interventional – for neonates with small left sided structures, ranging from Coarctation to Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.
The two-day International Symposium on January 27th and 28th will again bring
together clinical and research experts from The Netherlands, Europe and Canada to present an exciting and innovative programme. Their contributions will lead us into the fascinating and highly complex world of the Left Sided Heart and reflect on comprehensive treatment strategies. We are already looking forward to stimulating lectures and interactive discussions. Discussion will again have a special place, to encourage interaction between the participants and the speakers and chairpersons. A satellite symposium in Dutch language will be organized on Thursday January 26th, intended for local health care providers and partners in the field of pediatric cardiac care.
The main topics will be:
- Basic Morphology
- Fetal Imaging and Interventions in Critical Left Heart Lesions
- Balloon versus Surgical Options in Critical Left Heart Lesions
- Neonatal CMR and CT for Bi- versus Univentricular Strategy
- Surgical Algorithm for biventricular versus univentricular?
- Biventricular Repair of Hypoplastic Left Heart Complex
- The Mitral Valve in Hypoplastic Left Heart Complex: Indicator or Dominator
- Hybrid Approach as Bridge to Biventricular Repair in Hypoplastic Left Heart Complex
- Surgical Stage I in Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
To complement the scientific programme there will be a Social Dinner on January 27th, 2017.
Looking forward to seeing you on January 26th, 27th and 28th, 2017!
More information can be found at the bottom of this page.