|Department||Department of Clinical Neurophysiology|
|Work location||Groningen, Holland|
|Apply no later than||11 March 2018|
The department of Clinical Neurophysiology (KNF) of the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) is a dynamic department. The range of KNF tests carried out is broad and varied. The department employs 12 laboratory technicians (approx. 9.5 FTE), in addition to neurophysiologists, trainee specialists, medical administration assistants, a planner, a biomedical computer specialist, a technician, a physician assistant, a care assistant and a manager.
The laboratory technician must work independently or together with fellow laboratory technicians or clinical neurophysiologists to conduct, interpret, analyse and report on various KNF tests, such as: EEG (including 24-hour readings), EMG, EP, TCD/Duplex ultrasounds, tremor registration, muscle and nerve ultrasounds and monitoring during operations (IONM). The tests are carried out in the department of KNF or on the wards (nursing ward, IC or operating theatre).
- think about how to develop the policy of the department
- take part in research or projects
- participate in working groups
- work according to the work rota
- in the long term, be willing to specialize in one of the department’s focus areas (e.g. research, teaching, IONM, movement disorders)
- attend weekly lessons and go to national training events.
What do we need
- a qualification as a laboratory technician for Clinical Neurophysiology or a certificate in Biometrics
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- enthusiasm, collegiality, flexibility and the ability to withstand stress
- good communication skills and empathy
- technical insight and computer skills
- willingness to work on-call shifts
- fluency in Dutch, or willingness to learn Dutch quickly.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. You may be required to build up sufficient protection against Hepatitis B before you can be appointed. Vaccination is provided by the UMCG if necessary.
What do we offer
The maximum gross salary is € 3,391 per month (scale 8) for a full-time position, depending on qualifications and relevant experience. You will also receive a continued service bonus of 10% (proportionate) after two years. In addition, the UMCG offers 8% holiday pay, an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and a development budget. The terms of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centres (CAO-UMC).
For more information please contact:
Ms E. Siero, KNF clinical technicians operational manager(), phone +31(0)50 3612425
Mr J.W. Elting, KNF medical manager (), phone +31(0)50 3612425
Applying for a job
All applicants must use the online application form below the description of the vacancy.You will receive a standard confirmation e-mail as soon as you submit your application.
Some of the information is not relevant to this vacancy as the latest response date does not apply. This is an ongoing vacancy, and your application will be processed immediately.