|Department||the Institute for Medical Education|
|Apply no later than||24 June 2018|
The E-learning Development Team (EDT) of the Institute for Medical Education creates high quality e-learning content for Medicine, Dentistry and Human Movement Sciences students. The EDT consists of professional e-learning developers, a medical illustrator and student assistants. It is supported by an educational expert and managed by two project leaders who are responsible for the development and further professionalization of the team and of the use of e-learning as a tool within medical education.
The EDT works closely together with medical teachers, who take care of the medical content of the e-learning product. In the past year, the team has undergone rapid development and tremendous progress; an increasing amount of both teachers and students present themselves with wishes and ideas to be transformed in collaboration with the EDT into high quality digital learning resources.
Purpose of the post
As medical artist you collaborate with the other medical artist on the team to develop visual resources for e-learning content to optimally support medical education. You will assist in exploring and taking forward opportunities for the development of new innovational educational resources and applying new and emerging technologies and applications to support and enhance learning activities.
- Interpreting medical concepts
- Development of visual resources (illustrations, 3D models, animations)
- Add value to existing teaching and learning resources in other formats and adapt and modify them for online delivery as appropriate
- Mentoring student assistants in the development of illustrations and sourcing the right materials
- Providing input on (the future of) e-learning in education and exploring possibilities for innovation
What do we need
- Medical illustration / scientific illustration qualification and/or work experience in medical illustration
- A medical illustration portfolio
- Affinity with e-learning and healthcare
- An interest in development and innovation in e-learning within the health care
- Experience in development of multimedia resources for educational purposes
- Proficiency in the use of applications in relation to the development of multimedia, video and web resources, specifically, in animation for multimedia interactive resources (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign, Edge, Premiere, After Effects, maya , Zbrush or equivalents)
- Communication skills; ability to collaborate and communicate as a part of a creative team, in consultation with academics and clinical staff
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn and explore new techniques and/or media
- Medical background
- Experience developing interactive study material
- An elaborate animation portfolio
- Experience in graphic design
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Behaviour’ is required.
What do we offer
Your salary will be a minimum of € 2.786,- (scale 9) and a maximum of € 4.216,- gross per month (scale 10), depending on your qualifications and relevant experience, based on a full-time appointment. In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and a development budget. The terms of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centers (CAO-UMC).
The job is for the duration of 12 months, with possibility of extension.
Inquiries regarding the job can be made to Anna Sieben (medical illustrator),
Applying for a job
Interested to apply for this job? We are looking forward to receive a letter of motivation and a curriculum vitae.
Please use the the digital application form at the bottom of this page - only these will be processed.
You can apply until 24 June 2018.
Immediately after sending the digital application form you will receive an email- confirmation with further information.
We will respond within a week after the deadline.