|Department||Internships and thesis|
|Apply no later than||03 December 2020|
The University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) is one of the largest hospitals in the Netherlands and it is the biggest employer in the North of the country. A staff of over 13.000 people work in patient care and in leading medical research, focusing on healthy ageing and the patient journey.
Within research support, the UMCG Impact team offers advices for strategies for research impact, science communication and dissemination of research findings. For this purpose, we are looking for trainees or interns (stagiairs) who will participate in the running project known as OASIS: Outreach and Societal Impact Support.
The project aims to create and implement science communication strategies for UMCG research institutes and guide researchers in better showcasing of the societal relevance of their projects. Additionally, the candidate(s) will contribute to the activities of the ongoing UMCG wide impact awareness campaign, including the further development of the impact webpages (an example for this campaign here).
- Analyze the research communication landscape (e.g. main players, audiences, stakeholders, communication channels etc.).
- Advice on and co-write outreach content for research & impact webpages.
- Support the impact awareness campaign in build-up, coordination, creation of communication material (e.g. posters, social media posts, flyers, etc.).
- Organize trainings and webinars for various audiences.
- Share your knowledge with the team through presentations at meetings and workshops.
What do we need
- Student in communication, marketing or policy.
- Fluency in English.
- Team player but autonomous when performing tasks.
- Self-motivated person, reliable, service- and result-oriented.
- Good communication skills.
What do we offer
- Gain a valuable practical experience in communication and outreach in a public institution.
- Work in a goal-driven, dynamic, international team environment.
- Develop professional and personal skills (adaptability, responsibility, pro-active approach…).
- Take initiatives within a scientific learning environment.
- Qualitative supervision with regular advice and evaluation of your work. Excellent coaching also available at the UMCG.
- Workspace with equipment will be provided.
- Internship agreement with the UMCG.
- Nestor: an electronic learning environment for graduating students with information, links, tips and tricks that can help you during graduation & internship at the UMCG.
Last year two RUG trainees and RUG students joined the project for 6 and 12 months. If you are interested to know their experience please let us know and we can send you their references.
For more information about this vacancy you may contact:
Applying for a job
Please use the the digital application form at the bottom of this page - only these will be processed.
Immediately after sending the digital application form you will receive an email- confirmation with further information.
The application deadline stated in the vacancy overview does not apply to this vacancy. It will remain on the website until a suitable student has been found for the assignment.