A team of enthusiastic experts has developed a free online course on mental health, tailor-made to young people’s needs and communication styles. In this so-called MOOC (Massive Open Online Course), we teach young people how to recognize common mental problems and what they can do about them. The course material consists of explanation videos, personal stories, animation videos, short exercises and interviews. It is suitable for autonomous use by adolescents from about the age of fourteen.
The MOOC contains ten modules of each approximately 45 minutes:
- Introduction mental health
- Eating disorders
- Substance use and addiction
- Antisocial behaviour
- Resilience: about how to boost your mental health.
The modules can be done separately. Depending on your time and interests, you may follow all or just a selection of modules.
For whom is this course interesting?
- For young people from about the age of 14, level: secondary schools and pre-university education
- For teachers: because the modules can be incorporated in the curriculum or can count for independent study points.
- For parents and others who are interested in the mental health of young people
We think that this course will offer something interesting for all and we hope you will make use of it.
The development of this MOOC is financial supported by EIT Health, a European consortium of companies and universities that stimulates and supports initiatives that contribute to a better health. The University Medical Center Groningen, the University of Groningen, and the University of Cambridge belong tot he EIT Health network and collaborate on this project.