Since january 1st 2014 the department of Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy and the department of Clinical Pharmacology have been merged to the new department Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology. The department performs preclinical, translational and clinical research, clinical trials and also supports clinical trials with investigational medicinal products.
Research of the former department of Clinical Pharmacology (experimental and clinical) and research of the former department of Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy will soon be synchronized and integrated.
Within the new department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology research is performed focussing on personalised medicine and targeted therapy, this is an excellent fit with the Healthy Aging theme of the UMCG.
- Personalised medicine: optimisation of pharmacotherapy (individual response variability, therapeutic drug monitoring, pharmacogenetics, biomarkers, molecular imaging).
- Conducting large clinical trials with investigational medicinal products
- Drug utilisation research
- Medication safety
- Development of new drugs and dosage forms (both classical and biotech/gentherapy products)
- Translational research
- Drug evaluation research (CBG)