This two-day symposium will focus on the pathogenesis, and treatment of hemostatic complications in patients with liver disease. Participants will be able to expand their knowledge about current and emerging insights in mechanisms, diagnostic pitfalls, and novel therapeutic strategies to treat and prevent bleeding or thrombosis in patients with liver disease.
Who should attend?
Physicians and scientists from various specialties; hepatologists, gastroenterologists, hematologists, surgeons, anesthesiologists, and those in training for these specialities.
- The risk of bleeding and thrombotic complications in patients with liver disease, including those who are critically ill
- Knowns and unknowns of optimal clinical management of bleeding and thrombosis in these patients
- Pathogenesis and treatment of cirrhotic portal vein thrombosis
- Mechanisms of liver injury and repair
- Hot topics: NETs, Machine perfusion, new diagnostic laboratory tests
More information about the Program will be announced on the
Costs and registration
Specialists, paramedics: € 250,-
Trainees, students (PhD, MSc, BSc): € 100,-
Registration fee includes:
- Tuition for the 2-day Symposium, writing material, (digital) abstract book, coffee, tea, lunches, drinks and (optional) congress dinner on Friday evening.
- Booking and costs for hotels: for more information about hotels in Groningen, please check Groningen Hotels.
- Travel arrangements: make and pay them yourself.
Click here for the
registration form to register for the Symposium.
The venue of the symposium is the University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Program: Blauwe Zaal
Parking Noord, Vrydemalaan (paid parking) and follow “Ingang UMCG”.
For public transport:
Ton Lisman, PhD , University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Robert J. Porte, MD, PhD, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Stephen H. Caldwell, MD, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Nicholas M. Intagliata, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
University Medical Center Groningen
Wenckebach Instituut, Postgraduate School of Medicine
Ph +31 (0)50 3611402
The official language during the symposium is the English language.