UMCG’s multidisciplinary Research Programmes are organised in five Research Institutes. Each Institute covers a specific part of the UMCG research area. By establishing numerous international research projects and strategic alliances over the past, research within the Institutes bridged national boundaries. Especially for the UMCG focus "Active and Healthy Ageing" international collaboration is required and prepares the UMCG to contribute to this global challenge. For every UMCG Research Programme the relevance for Healthy Ageing is defined.
Regarding the training and education of future scientists (MSc and PhD) the five Research Institutes collaborate in the Graduate School of Medical Sciences assuring the incorporation of state of the art scientific know-how.
- GUIDE Institute: Chronic Diseases and Drug Exploration (Programmes)
- Research Institute Brain and Cognition: Behavioural and Cognitive Neurosciences (Programmes)
- SHARE Institute: Science in Healthy Ageing and healthcaRE (Programmes)
- W.J.Kolff Institute: Biomaterials (Programmes)
- CRCG Institute: Fundamental, Clinical and Translational Cancer Research (Programmes)