New NFU eBROK® course!
On Tuesday 29 October 2019 we had the official launch of the new NFU eBROK® course! You can register for the course via nfu-ebrok.nl. The BROK is now available in Dutch and English
This platform is not only for researchers who want to obtain their BROK® certificate, but also for researchers who already have a BROK® certificate and want to keep their certification (re-certification).
Who can start the course?
- If you do not have a valid BROK® certificate (anymore), you can follow the full BROK® course via this platform (costs € 435,- for UMCG/RUG).
The course consists of 3 parts:
- E-learningmodule + 1 in-depth module
- Centre specific session: In the UMCG planned on: 12 March 2020 and 11 June 2020. These are Dutch sessions, if you do not speak Dutch please contact your BROK coordinator ( )
- Exam (national): In the UMCG planned on 24 March 2020 and 24 June 2020
- If your certificate is about to expire, you can now re-certify via this platform. For re-certification you have to follow a module for re-registration and you will also have access to the full course.
- Do you still have a valid certificate? Even then you can subscribe to the eBROK® learning environment, so that you always have access to the current information regarding legislation and regulations that is relevant to you as a researcher. Read more about this under 'continuous learning'. If you certificate has expired you have to contact your BROK coordinator ( ).
The new NFU BROK® course has a number of mandatory basic modules, and besides this you have to follow at least one of the other modules, such as a module on medical devices or non-WMO research. This new eBROK® has been developed by the NFU and is hosted by Elevate.
Because laws and regulations concerning clinical research can change a lot in a few years, this NFU eBROK® course offers the possibility to purchase a subscription after obtaining your certificate. You will then receive reminders when there are changes in legislation and regulations so that you stay up-to-date. If you have reviewed these changes in time, your certificate will be automatically extended: from now on, re-certification will become continuous learning
The certificate is valid for 3 years after taking the NFU eBROK® course. This corresponds better with the period of validity that is generally used for comparable training courses.
You can go to Elevate with all questions related to your registration for the eBROK®, following the course, using the modules and payments. On the website nfu-ebrok.nl you can find the answers to frequently asked questions or use the forum. Is your question not in the list? You can contact the eBROK service desk via . You will receive a response to your question within 2 working days.
The EMWO examination office remains responsible for the exams. With specific questions about the exam and your BROK certificate, you can contact EMWO via .
Do you have another questions? Then contact the BROK coordinator of the UMCG: Denise Mailly via .