The goals of the CVO Groningen for the period 2011-2017 are:
- Promotion of an entrepreneurial mindset among students and teachers;
- Development of entrepreneurial qualities and skills among students and teachers;
- Support and guidance for starting and developing companies;
- Improving access to state-of-the-art knowledge for entrepreneurs;
- Encourage the awareness that knowledge development leads to economic and/or social return.
- Organisation of a full range of basic valorisation facilities such as entrepreneurship education, incubators, funds, knowledge portal and an active valorisation center.
These objects will be achieved by the following strategy:
he promotion of an entrepreneurial climate and new entrepreneurship by the knowledge institutions (entrepreneurship awareness, education and support);
- Active valorisation of generated knowledge via economic and societal applications (screening and scouting), and
- Strengthening the innovative capacity of enterprises in the region by intensified interactions between companies and universities.