UMCG's Center for Development and Innovation (CDI) is the department that supports and drives societal and economic impact of UMCG expertise, knowledge and facilities. UMCG harbors a realm of highly skilled specialists, renowned scientists, state of the art equipment, dedicated laboratory facilities and, of course, devoted patient care. CDI supports the interaction between specialists, scientists, departments and collaborating parties and has both an external and internal focus.
CDI fosters the translation of expertise, facilities and knowledge of UMCG into valuable propositions for society through collaboration with trusted partners.
Externally CDI provides support for
- interaction with partners both public and private
- building and maintaining strategic alliances with core partners
- licensing of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- set up of contracts for fruitful collaboration
- identifying required expertise and know how
Internally CDI provides support for
- strategic development of projects
- protection and improvement of Intellectual Property (IP) rights
- interactions with private partners
- exploitation of existing knowledge
- creation of Centers of Expertise and of Start-ups
UMCG welcomes collaborations with the intent to generate access to and exchange of underlying creative and innovative scientific ideas, personnel and state-of-the-art facilities. Bringing science to business will create new research opportunities and financial support, solve societal driven questions, strengthen the reputation of UMCG and University of Groningen and generate jobs in the northern region of the Netherlands.
If you would like to collaborate with UMCG, please contact the Center for Development and Innovation at
UMCG partnerships to stimulate innovation and maximize value of science for society
Healthy Ageing Network Northern Netherlands (HANNN)
Northern Knowledge (in Dutch)
Knowledge Centers that facilitate collaborations
CCC-Carbohydrate Competence Center
Science Shop for Medicine and Public Health